The PE department is a very busy one with 6 full time teachers and another 35 visiting coaches and teachers helping to deliver a very full programme of lessons, practices and fixtures.
Our excellent sports facilities include:
- A 25m swimming pool
- A large sports hall which can be used for a variety of sports with 4 cricket bays, a climbing wall, a very well equipped fitness room and a traditional gymnasium.
- Our Valley Road playing fields situated two miles away from the main school campus have extensive areas for Rugby, Cricket, Netball, Rounders, Tennis and from September 2016, Hockey.
- In addition, facilities are also hired at Nottingham Squash club, Highfields Hockey centre, Harvey Hadden Athletics track, the Forest Recreation Ground Astro pitch and Wollaton Park.
During Games lessons, pupils will take part in a variety of sports.
- Autumn term- Hockey
- Spring term Netball
- Summer term- Rounders / Athletics / Tennis
- Autumn term- Rugby / Hockey
- Spring term- Hockey
- Summer Term- Cricket / Tennis / Athletics
Fixtures for these sports take place mid-week and on Saturdays in which all pupils are expected to take part if selected. There are also fixtures on a regular basis in a number of other sports such as Cross Country and Swimming. Other options will become available for the least able performers in these sports.
In Physical Education lessons, pupils will take part in a wide range of sports covered in blocks throughout the year which include Basketball, Volleyball, Dance, Swimming and Gymnastics. As the pupils progress through the school, other sports such as Cheerleading, Synchronised Swimming and Handball are added to the curriculum.
Regular UK and overseas sports tours take place with recent trips including Year 7 and 8 Cricket to the North West, Year 10 Cricket to Scotland, Year 8 Rugby to the North East, Senior Cricket to Sri Lanka and Senior Rugby to South Africa (the next rugby tour will be heading to New Zealand in 2016).
Visit our Dedicated Sports Website